|QUIESCENCE DIVING SERVICES, INC.
COVID-19 Reopening Policy
Let’s Go Diving!
First and foremost, all of us here at Quiescence Diving Services hope and pray that all of you have remained safe, secure and doing well during these challenging and unprecedented times. We all look forward to the day we can reunite and share our love of the underwater world.
We understand the importance of your personal interaction with the ocean being a part of your life – as it is for us here at Quiescence. We believe that it is important for us all to re-connect with the environment and outdoor recreation. So as we move forward towards re-opening, we are committed to abiding by the recommended CDC and DAN practices and guidelines to ensure the safety of our clients and our staff.
Monroe County – https://www.monroecounty-fl.gov/1169/COVID-19-Coronavirus
Reservations with Quiescence:
We are accepting reservations at this time for whole boat private charters only, priced on a per boat basis. The vessel will be isolated to you and yours only. We recommend that your group be comprised of people comfortable with each other such as trusted friends, colleagues, and family. Although the group can certainly be less than 6 in number, 6 divers/snorkelers remains our maximum. To ensure we are all on the same page, please make reservations by phone only, at (305) 451-2440
Our Expectations of Our Clients:
– Please assure that everyone in your group is healthy, with no signs of illness up to the day of departure, and no known exposure to the corona virus for at least 14 days prior to the trip
– Please wear facial coverings throughout your visit with us, both in the store and on the boat
– Please make use of hand sanitizers frequently
– Please practice and respect social distancing
Store Procedures and Policies:
– Capacity is limited to 12 customers inside shop at one time
– Hand sanitizer is available as you enter the front door
– Touchable surfaces in the shop are disinfected regularly throughout the day
– Facial covering is required
– Social distancing is recommended other than family members
– A “One way” traffic flow exists, coming in the front door, and out the back
– Free pens are given to each customer for paperwork use
– Rental gear area is restricted to one charter group at a time
Rental Gear Policies:
– All rental gear is disinfected after use according to CDC and DAN guidelines
– As is always the case, you are welcome to bring your own personal dive equipment. We also have a wide selection of gear available for purchase if needed.
– Private charters only until further notice
– Boats will be sanitized before and after each trip according to CDC and DAN guidelines.
– All divers will be asked to perform a “post-dive snot rinse” after each dive, before boarding the vessel. A fresh water hose is provided.
– Hand sanitizer provided on the vessel and at the dock
– Facial covering is required as practical except during the short period of dive entry prep and re-boarding
– Dock areas (picnic tables, etc.) are disinfected before and after each trip
Air/Nitrox Fill Procedures:
From all available evidence, we understand that viral contamination of compressed breathing air is unlikely (bordering on impossible). Research has shown that SARS-COVID viruses can be completely destroyed by being exposed to 92 degrees C (197 F) for 15 minutes. Most compressors have a final stage output temperature (prior to the final cooling coil) of 145 to 180 C (293 to 356 F). Although the air is cooled back down fairly quickly to 130/150 F (prior to filtration), it is also highly compressed – in essence, “ultra-pasteurized”. In addition, to minimize any potential intake into the compressor system in the first place, our intakes are in a heavily vented, open-air room, with each intake more than 12 feet from the fill station operator, who wears a facial covering. We also wear gloves and masks when changing the purification filters.
Finally, while we are all very concerned about the new viral issues facing the world, we believe in our connections with nature and the outdoors and do not take our responsibility of helping the world make these connections lightly. We look forward to seeing you on the boat and in the water!